-
February 4th, 2002, 06:32 AM
#1
Scooby-doo
Guest
What is the major issues that I will run into if I use a Super 8 camera as my C-camera and Dv Cams as my A-Camera and B-Camera?
I always post my videos/ movies on line at www.atfm-films.net so I want them to look good.
------------------
-
February 4th, 2002, 07:03 AM
#2
8th Man
Guest
Well I guess it all depends on a few things.
Are you hoping the footage shot with your c camera will have a completely different look from the rest of the movie? Like the way Oliver Stone inserts footage of other guages for an effect? I think that's one thing to consider. If that's what your going for, then I think it would be a fine idea. What kind of a project is it?
Also people tend to light film differently than video. If that's the kind of thing your thinking about when you ask about "issues"?
------------------
PRM
-
February 4th, 2002, 07:29 AM
#3
Scooby-doo
Guest
I guess that I was talking about the quality of the film. I don't really want another look on my films like Oliver Stone. I want to get clean shots. I guess I better stick to the DV cameras. I do all my effects in FCP 3 and AlamDV2
I mainly make comedy shorts. I always post them on www.atfm-films.net maybe one day I will make a serious film... Who Knows...
Thanks for the advice.
Scooby
------------------
-
February 5th, 2002, 06:42 AM
#4
Matt Pacini
Guest
The Super 8 is going to look totally differernt, for sure.
It will look better though!
It looks great for online stuff, because all the shortcomings of Super 8 do not exist, when your eventual outcome is streaming video.
The reason is, this effectively makes it much higher resolution, because you're playing in a small or medium sized windown, as opposed to a theater screen, or the average TV set.
So the grain can't be seen.
So what you end up with, is beautifully saturated colors, and the look of film, nice organic motion blur, etc.
If you want to see what I mean, go to a couple of my ebay sales of my film. I put up different still frames from my film (new ones, for those of you who have seen it before).
They're small, but you can get an idea of what it looks like.
Go here, and click on a couple different ebay sales of Lost Trhttp://cgi6.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewListedItems&userid=mattpacini&in clude=0&since=-1&sort=2&rows=25ibes:
Then click on the individual pics....
If you want larger versions, email me privately, and I'll email them to you.
Matt Pacini
[email protected]
------------------
-
February 5th, 2002, 10:06 AM
#5
mattias
Guest
> The reason is, this effectively makes it much higher resolution, because you're playing in a small or medium sized windown, as opposed to a theater screen, or the average TV set.
you actually watch "web movies" in small windows on your computer? i always view them full screen or on my tv through my scan converter. perhaps this is why you thought even the 480x320 pro8 movie was a "small window," even though it matches most ntsc broadcasts? anything higher in resolution than 320x240 or so holds up just fine for full screen playback, at least if you think vhs does.
/matt
-
February 5th, 2002, 12:26 PM
#6
MovieStuff
Guest
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Courier, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mattias:
you actually watch "web movies" in small windows on your computer? i always view them full screen or on my tv through my scan converter. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Mattias, you're just going to have to accept that you are a whiz when it comes to the whole "internet video" thing. We mortals mostly just watch web videos in tiny boxes and are grateful that our computers don't freeze up and it doesn't take an hour to down load 5 seconds of content. You seem to have skills related to internet video applications that ellude most of us (or at least me!). Perhaps it is because you use a Mac but I have never been able to get the kind of results for online video that you speak of regularly. I don't say this to doubt you because I don't. I've seen some of your online video and it looks just great. It's just that I've tried all your suggestions about posting movies and no matter what, I fail miserably. BTW: I watch your online videos in a tiny little box, as well. 
Roger
------------------
Roger Evans
MovieStuff
http://www.afterimagephoto.tv/moviestuff.html
-
February 5th, 2002, 03:03 PM
#7
mattias
Guest
> Mattias, you're just going to have to accept that you are a whiz when it comes to the whole "internet video" thing.
i have. just preaching. :-)
/matt
-
February 5th, 2002, 08:03 PM
#8
Matt Pacini
Guest
I think you're also going to have to accept that most of us don't have DSL either.
I, like most, unfortunately, have 56K. (sigh)
Matt Pacini
------------------
[This message has been edited by Matt Pacini (edited February 05, 2002).]
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks